“A Community of Faith Rooted in Word and Sacrament,
in Education and Service”
First Communion and Confirmation are postponed. New dates are yet to be determined.
A Letter from Fr. Bryan Lowe, Pastor
May 13, 2020
My Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
On Monday evening, May 11th, Bishop Baker issued a letter authorizing Parishes to return to the public celebration of Mass. I have had discussions with Fr. Anil, our Deacons, and my staff over the last two days. I now write to you with our plan for how we will be reopening. There are necessary limits on attendance, and other accommodations will need to be made, but I am excited we will be able to gather again to celebrate the Eucharist.
Saturday morning, May 16th, will be the last time we distribute Holy Communion after Mass. Beginning on Saturday evening, May 16th, we will resume the public celebration of Mass, with the anticipated Mass at 5:30pm.
We will now be returning to our regular Mass schedule going forward. The Mass schedule is listed at the end of this letter. It has been almost two months since we have had public Masses. All Masses will be celebrated in the main Church for now. Confessions will continue to be heard in the Parish Hall, using our schedule from before the closures.
Bishop Baker has also issued a new dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass, which is in place until June 30th – no one is required to come to Mass. If you are sick, or concerned about being around others, or simply are not ready to return, I recommend that you stay at home.
The following are the guidelines for how we will be celebrating Mass as of now:
1. We will be practicing safe “social distancing” in the Church, which will limit our occupancy. Every other row will be closed off. Everyone is asked to adhere to the six-foot distance guidelines. The only exception are families who live in the same house may sit together. They should maintain six feet between themselves and anyone else in the pew. This means our Church seating will be limited to about 150 persons. We will offer overflow seating in the Parish Hall, to which Mass will be live streamed. Parish Hall seating will also be limited, following the "social distancing" guidelines. The live stream of each Mass will also be available for those who wish to watch from home.
2. There will be no singing at Masses yet.
3. We will use one Lector for the Readings and the Responsorial Psalm.
4.We will not be using any Altar Servers yet.
5. Only the Sacred Host will be distributed at Communion. Special arrangements can be made for those with Celiac Disease. We ask everyone to please receive Holy Communion in the hand, to minimize exposure of the Eucharistic Ministers.
6. We ask everyone to wear masks at Mass. You must remove your mask before receiving Holy Communion. The Priests and Deacons will not wear masks during Mass, but they will put on masks to distribute Holy Communion. Gloves may not be worn for Communion, but may be worn during Mass.
7. I understand that we will be seeing some people for the first time in many weeks. Please maintain “social distancing,” even after Mass. Please respect everyone’s space and be patient with each other. This is simply our next step on our way back to normal.
If you have any questions, you can always call us. The office hours will remain as they are for now. The Office is open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10am to 2pm. The Chapel will still be open until 9pm each night. We will not be resuming any group meetings in the Church yet.
Through the efforts of our various cleaning companies, the Church, Chapel, and Parish Hall have been thoroughly cleaned and all sanitized. The Church and Hall will be thoroughly cleaned after each Mass. I look forward to seeing many of you this weekend!
Mass Schedule (all in the Main Church)
Tuesday 6:15am and 8:30am
Wednesday 8:30am and 6:30pm
Thursday 8:30am and 6:30pm
Saturday 8:30am and 5:30pm (anticipated Mass)
Sunday 7:00am, 8:30am, 11:30am, and 5:30pm
Confession Schedule (all in the Parish Hall)
Wednesday 5:15pm – 6:15pm Thursday 5:30pm – 6:15pm Saturday 3:30pm – 5:00pm
May God Bless Us and Keep Us,
Have a Question or Need to Leave a Message?
You Can Call the Church
(We're checking messages frequently)
Information You Need
Be sure to utilize My Own Church to view and update your family's parish records, giving history, and more. Click HERE for more FAQ's.
Click Here to see where your help is needed in the Community!
For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” -Mark 10:45